With just a few days to go until the Scottish tennis event of the summer, we’re sure you’re as excited as we are at the prospect of seeing the legends in action at Gleneagles!
To make sure you get the most out of the tournament, and take advantage of all that the event has to offer, we would ask you to please read the following information:
- The Gleneagles Arena will open at 12.00 noon on both days for access to the public village in which guests will be able to purchase drinks and snacks from The Gleneagles bar, have a go at mini tennis, meet the players at the signing area or try their serving skills against the speedometer.
- On Friday, the grandstands will open for you to take your seat at 1.40pm and on Saturday they will open at 1.15pm.
- Please make sure you print out your Brodies Invitational tickets and car parking tickets and bring them with you so that they can be scanned to give you access to The Arena and the designated car park. You can print these using the link in your ticket booking confirmation email from Paylogic.
- For your convenience we have attached a map Gleneagles Arena Map indicating the location of the car parks at The Gleneagles Arena. Please park in Car Park 2. Disabled parking can be found at the front of The Gleneagles Arena. Please note it is a short, well signposted walk of a minute or so from the car park to the entrance of The Arena so it is advisable to wear comfortable footwear.
- If you have not purchased a car parking ticket but would like to use the designated car park, please bring £5 for each parking space (and please have the correct amount ready). All proceeds from car parking will be split between Maggie’s and Cancer Research UK.
- The safety and enjoyment of ticket-holders is our paramount concern. In light of recent incidents, our security staff will be carrying out routine bag searches on both days of the tournament. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
- There is no allocated seating – but rest assured that every seat has a good view. Because both days are almost at capacity, we would ask you to please fill the grandstand from the middle of each row and not leave any empty seats between you and the other ticket-holders.
- There may also be the opportunity to go on court during the event if you are taking part in the Bruntsfield Sport Return of Serve Competition, for which we would prefer you wore appropriate, non-marking shoes.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the event. The Gleneagles Bar will be operating within The Arena, offering a full bar service, and a selection of light bites including sandwiches, snacks, scones and strawberries and cream.
- We will be selling a Brodies Invitational souvenir programme, priced £2. All proceeds will be split between Maggie’s and Cancer Research UK.
- The order of play is below. In the event of any significant changes to timings or if we need to send an urgent update to ticket-holders, we will send the information to the email address you provided when you purchased your tickets. If you provided a mobile telephone number, you will also receive a text message.
- There will be a prize-giving ceremony after the final. We would be grateful if you could remain in your seats as a courtesy to the players.
- For directions on how to get to Gleneagles, please visit: www.gleneagles.com/find-us
14.00 – Semi Final ATP Champions Tour Match 1 – Colin Fleming vs. Greg Rusedski
15.30 – Scottish Junior Mixed Doubles Exhibition Match – Connor Thomson, Charlie Miller, Maisie Wood & Alexandra Hunter
16.30 – Semi Final ATP Champions Tour Match 2 – Thomas Enqvist vs. Mats Wilander
18.00 – Event Close
13.30 – Semi Final ATP Champions Tour Match 3
14.30 – Legends vs. Scottish Juniors Doubles Exhibition Match – Xavier Malisse & Connor Thomson vs. Mats Wilander & Charlie
16.00 – The ATP Champions Tour Final
17.15 – Prize Draw & Player Q&A
17.30 – Event Close
As previously communicated, Tim Henman sustained an injury to his elbow whilst playing in China recently and has been advised that he needs to rest his arm completely so will be unable to compete at Gleneagles. The good news, however, is that Tim will still be attending the tournament on both days to take part in coaching sessions, mingle with guests and join in the fun with the fans. We are pleased that Greg Rusedski, the former British No.1 and World No. 4, will be competing against the other legends in Tim’s place.
We hope you have a pleasant and safe journey and we look forward to welcoming you to the Brodies Invitational. For any additional information, please visit https://brodiesinvitational.com/